Sunday 3 November 2013

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Hello - and happy Sunday!

YAY! We've survived the night here in the UK, with more winds of over 70mph and rain like I've not seen in a while. It's a miracle that the dodgy wobbly hawthorn tree is still standing, not to mention the even dodgier, wobblier apple in the back garden, but I guess they're sturdier than they look. The squirrels are out in force-

SQUIRREL!

I am SO not a morning person....SO not, and Sundays are my slooooow start day. Not much chance of a lie-in, thanks to a demanding cat, but I do get to sit wrapped up in blankets, warm and snug with a niiiiiiiice cup of smooth, rich coffee. Mmmmmm.... Even at my mum's house I get to enjoy such a morning, and that cup of coffee just makes ALL the difference between a grotty morning and a good one, hence my next journal page in my Derwent panoramic journal -


Mmmmmm..... that very first smell of fresh coffee on a chilly autumn morning, just before you take the first sip..... aaaaaahhhh.........

I created this page with Derwent watercolour pencils, mainly, with a little help from a couple of Faber Castell Gelatos and a couple of Uni Ball Impact gel pens. I added a touch of gold with some gilding wax just to illustrate the richness of the feeling I get from that perfect moment!

And now..... I SO want a cup of coffee! And that kettle's just one little room away....oh yeah. So I'll say bye for now, and go make a fresh brew and enjoy the sunshine that's just come poking through the clouds! Have a great day - big hugs - Shroo :) xxx


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece of art, as always :)

    I will just mention this and of course it's up to you, but if you have word verification on for your comments you are less likely to have people leaving a comment on your Blog :( Blogger are very good at filtering out Spam these days.

    To filter out Comments, I have the Moderation setting on, so I see the Comments and choose if I publish them or not.

    Bloggers are a busy bunch! They tend to fly around Blog Land leaving Comments as fast as they can, there is never enough time in the day!

    Anyway, I thought I would just mention it :)
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you squillions for the advice - I've done the button pressy, changey thingy - let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed and all that! Oh - and you are now my blogging guru! Hugs - Shroo :) xxx

      Delete