Wednesday 13 November 2013

On The Nature Of Friendship - Journal Page

Sometimes in life you find real treasure. Usually, you're not looking for it, then suddenly the brightest sparkle sends a dazzle of light into your life.

So it is with people. When you've been hurt (often) and you lose faith in humanity you don't go looking for connections...you wall yourself in, refusing to trust, to give anyone a chance. I think it happens to most people at least once in life.

Then, somehow, you find treasure: you find people who have the kindest of hearts, an honesty and generosity that rocks you to your core, and makes you re-evaluate life, the universe and pretty much everything. It's almost impossible to put into the words the profound effect that friendship can have...but I'll do my best. When your heart is full of turmoil and your emotions are a raging storm, grown from past experience and nurtured by the resulting lack of self-confidence, a true friend transports you from the maelstrom to a place of peace. Your heart is calm, your strength and confidence slowly return, bolstered by the support that frienship brings. It is beyond measure and of the greatest worth.

Kindness should not be a rare commodity, yet it is elusive in this superficial world of ours. Honesty is a lost art and kindness of spirit is often forgotten in the scramble to fit in, to join the rat race. When we find someone who embodies what is best in humanity, we should hold them in the highest esteem and value them and repay them in kind. They are the greatest treasure of all and proof that the universe might teach harsh lessons, but she delivers immeasurable rewards.

In trying to find the best way to illustrate my gratitude I let my muse dictate,  and this is the result:


I know it's weird, but this is how good friendship makes me feel - free and at peace with no walls or boundaries. Open skies and cleansing white snow to muffle the noise of my mind and soften the world's sharp edges.

Thank you, my friend. You are the best of people, the kindest of hearts and a kick-ass Spider-Man hero. This is for you.

I send love and hugs to all the good, kind, honest people out there - never change, you're perfect as you are - Shroo :) xxx

10 comments:

  1. This is just awesome! I love it!
    I can't believe that I missed so much posts during the last days!

    You posted such fantastic things!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you! That's such a lovely comment - and VERY much appreciated! Hugs - Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  2. It's not always easy to sift out the noise of life is it Rachael. We are so lucky to have our respective arts to take us to another quiet place when we need it and also to have friends who are always there for us "un-conditionally" !

    Love your Art Piece as always :)
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle - I'm really glad you enjoyed the post. You're a wonderfully kind and supportive person - muchly appreciated. Hope you're taking excellent care of yourself and being arty as much as possible! Hugs - Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Your illustrations are magical and wonderful I hope your doing children's books what treasures they would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wow - that's such a lovely thing to say! Oooo...I'd LOVE to illustrate children's books....oooo - dream job! Thank you for your encouragement - bestest wishes, Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  4. This is really wonderful, makes my heart feel warm! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad you like the post :) Thank you squillions for commenting - very best wishes - Shroo :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Well said, Rachael! I love the image you created too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou Anne. I love foxes - ANY excuse to draw or paint one! This one just 'happened' - as these things do with journal pages. I'm glad you like him. Best wishes - Shroo :) xxx

      Delete